Why are we always going on about eco friendly cleaning??
It’s simple really… why would anyone want or need to use a poisonous product to do the same job that a safe cleaning product can do??
THIS GUIDE EXPOSES HARMFUL CLEANING CHEMICALS SOLD ACROSS THE WORLD!!!
Having toxic chemicals in your home is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Sadly, the most at risk from accidental poisoning caused by ingesting or inhaling dangerous household cleaning products are children. Curiosity will always get the better of a child. Have you looked at the packaging your cleaning products come in? Look in your cleaning cupboard now. Look at the array of bright, bold colours. Now go and have a look at your children’s early learning toys. Notice anything peculiar ?
Similarities in the bright bold colours perhaps. You should and for a very good reason. The manufacturers of these cleaning products pay huge amounts to smart marketing companies who work with psychologists and behavioural scientists to persuade, manipulate and brainwash you into buying this left over toxic mess and actually pay your hard earned money for the privilege of slowly poising yourself, your family, your children, your pets and the planet while they make a fat profit.
Would you want poisons in your home, Sprayed around your children. ?? Would you pick up a bottle labeled poison and spray it around your child?
Of course you wouldn’t. But you do it every time you pick up a bottle of toxic cleaning products.. Why?
53 percent of cleaning products under review contained lung-harming ingredients. In addition, well-known carcinogens like formaldehyde and chloroform were found in several cleaners.
Call Paisley Eco-Safe Carpet cleaning to arrange your free estimate on 0800 002 9367
Our carpet cleaning solution is completely safe and we can still achieve amazing results
How to tell if your cleaning products are a hazard to your health
The Environmental Working Group is an non profit international organisation, focusing on the health of the environment and the safety of public health. They recently released a cleaners hall of shame which detailed the products capable of causing the most damage to our health and to the health of the planet.
We only use approved, eco-safe, environmentally friendly cleaning solutions when cleaning carpets and upholstery.
The majority of supermarket cleaning products, carpet cleaning chemicals, drain and sink un-blocker, are products containing carcinogens, asthma instigators, and poisons, some sparkly cleaners might come at a high price.
These products are potentially fatal if inhaled or swallowed, some are reportedly made with knowingly high-hazard ingredients, and others utilise materials that have actually been banned in other countries.
Formaldehyde has been classified as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer
When it comes to cleaners, the consumer has little to go on beyond the warning labels that manufacturers are required to put on their products. The labels DANGER, WARNING and POISON give only a very general idea about the seriousness of the unknown substances a product contains
Fatal If Inhaled ? Seriously ? But it’s an airfreshner with directions to spray in the Air?
Glade air freshener sprays warn that “intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.” While it’s a really nice gesture, letting us know that deliberate misuse may be harmful, the implications of that statement means the product is toxic, and can cause death, so if your one of those people who loves to go wild with the smelly stuff, you may want to wear some personal protection gear next time you go on a spray binge.
Air Wick automatic air fresheners and old English furniture polish carry the same warning.
Spot Shot carpet stain remover warns that “inhalation abuse of aerosol products may be harmful or fatal.
- Chlorinated phenols Source: toilet bowl cleaners Danger to humans: toxic to respiratory and circulatory systems.
- Diethylene glycol. Source: window cleaners Danger to humans : depresses the nervous system.
- Phenols. Source: disinfectants. Danger to humans: toxic to respiratory and circulatory systems.
- Nonylphenol ethoxylate. Source : a common surfactant (detergent) found in laundry detergents and all-purpose cleaners. Danger to humans: it has been shown to biodegrade slowly into even more toxic compounds.
- Formaldehyde. Source : spray and wick deodorisers. Danger to humans : respiratory irritant and suspected carcinogen.
- Petroleum solvents. Source :floor cleaners. Danger to humans : damage mucous membranes.
- Perchloroethylene. Source : a spot/stain remover remover Danger to humans : causes liver and kidney damage.
- Butyl cellosolve. Source: common in all-purpose, window and other types of cleaners, damages bone marrow, the nervous system, kidneys and the liver. The list could fill a book. And it’s a book that would include thousands of other chemicals — some so dangerous that they’re found on lists of chemicals associated with Superfund toxic waste sites and in the toxins section of the U.S. Clean Air and Water Acts.
Ok, thats some nasty sounding chemicals, but whats the damage.
By exposing your family or pets to these chemicals you may be risking anything to minor irritations to serious, life threatening injuries or even death. Some of the most common complaints are from children and those already sensitive to allergens and other airborne irritants.
Young children, babies, and toddlers are the most ‘at risk’ from unsafe carpet cleaning chemicals. Children use the carpets much more than adults, often crawling, laying, rolling and generally making mess on the carpets.
- Eczema. A baby’s skin is sensitive, a child’s skin is sensitive, and studies have found that irritants and allergens in household cleaners and detergents can cause and worsen skin irritation. Crawling on a carpet which has been cleaned using unsafe chemicals can trigger and inflame Eczema.
- Airway irritation. Powerful fumes from household cleaners can irritate your airways, this effect is much worse when the exposure happens to babies or children with developing systems, making allergy or asthma symptoms worse. Some cleaning chemicals in schools have been linked with higher rates of asthma and links to cancer.
- Eye irritation. Household cleaner fumes can also irritate your eyes, again this is worse if the exposure happens to children or baby’s eyes. The damage will include redness and watering. If splashed directly into the eyes, some cleaners can cause serious damage including instant blindness.
- Allergies. Some researchers believe that having a home that’s too clean can increase the long-term risk of allergies in a child. It’s called the hygiene hypothesis. Without some exposure to germs, a child’s immune system might not develop normally. Instead, it becomes hypersensitive and begins to overreact to harmless allergens, like pollen or dander.
- Poisoning. Every year, more than a million kids under age 5 swallow poisons like household cleaners, sometimes with devastating effects.
- Unknown health effects. Some household cleaners have fragrances that contain chemicals like phthalates. While we don’t know what their health effects are for sure, some studies have found a possible connection between phthalates and disrupted hormone levels.
You may be thinking that the diluted aspect of off-the-shelf cleaning products reduces or altogether eliminates the threat of getting sick from your floor polish, window cleaner or air freshener. However many of the toxins found in these products (and so many other cleaning products) are bioaccumulative, meaning the chemicals do not purge easily from the body and over time even mild exposures can add up to toxic levels. If your carpet cleaning company is not using safe products to clean your carpets, the residue left over will build up over repeated cleaning. This may have
So with all this in mind, Why would you wan’t to use anything else but eco friendly cleaning products to clean your home. ?
Call Paisley Eco-Safe Carpet and Upholstery cleaning today to arrange your free carpet cleaning quote.
At Paisley Eco-Safe Carpet Cleaning. We use the safest carpet cleaning solution available in the UK.
Specially formulated to ensure it’s safety for our operators, our customers and the environment. It is therefore one of the most Eco-friendly cleaning solutions available with today’s technology. Our eco-clean solution has been tested to ensure that all compounds that are considered toxic or otherwise hazardous to the operator or the environment are not present in this unique formulation.
Every product in the eco safe range uses powerful natural-molecular technology combined with advanced biotechnology techniques. The result of this new technology is an amazing range of environmentally friendly and biologically active cleaning solutions, which clean without compromising performance or safety.
Our eco safe cleaning solution is safe for use on Wool carpets, synthetic carpets, natural and synthetic upholstery and all rug types.